2. The employee will now be taken to a modal window like the one shown below.
The employee will then be able to see the available number of leaves. He/She will also be able to choose the Type of Leaves and the Dates Range during which the employee will be unavailable. He can also explain his Reason further so that it remains documented.
3. After completing the form, Employee has to click on Send Leave Request.
4. After the leave request is submitted, it will be in pending order waiting for approval by the HR manager. More of it is discussed in the next article of documentation.
Admins can also generate leave for individual employees.
All requests generated by employees and admins are recorded and stored in the REQUESTS tab under Leave.
You can view all Approved, Pending, and Rejected Requests using the filters located above.
To access related features go to WP Admin Dashboard → WP ERP → HRM → Leave Management → Requests.
This page lists all the leave requests made by users, new requests can also be created from here.
2. Complete the form as required and click on Submit Request.
3. Once submitted, a request cannot be edited anymore and they are set to pending status.
You can view all the requests and their details under the Leave Requests manager.
4. If the request is pending, it can be Deleted, Rejected or Approved.
If the status has been Approved, then you can change it back to pending, or delete or reject it, as shown below.
To change status, simply hover on the entry and choose.
5. Another way is to select one or more Request(s). From the drop-down placed on the above left bar, select the relevant option, as shown below.
This way you can manage all your Leave Requests from a single screen!